"SEPTEMBER 24TH" Saturday-
As announced there will be a public meeting Saturday September 24th for the community to discuss the approach to gravel pits proposed and existing. All are welcome to attend. I understand that this is short notice. I apologize for that. There will be additional opportunities to input to this topic.
Note, that the county is currently working to complete a new Aggregate Policy for the entire Rocky View County. Click here for copy
Note, also I have received many emails and communications from people concerned/opposed to a gravel pit north of 144th Ave. NW.
North Bearspaw Residents – Gravel Pit (Aggregate Resources)
Open Community Meeting September 24/16
10:30am to 12:00 noon
At the Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre
1. Councillor – Eric Lowther
- a. History, current application process, messages todate and timeframe,
- b. County Aggregate Resource Policy (ARP)
- c. Changes to MGA legislation potential impact
- d. Council
- e. Building on Other Positive Efforts
- f. Possible Outcomes – from coordinated community
2. Recognizing Past Work and Hearing Concerns (Mr. Stan Church graciously agreed to chair). Inviting people with positions/concerns to share them – one at a time – and have chair avoid duplication. The records will list them and then work to prioritize them)
3. Inclusive Process to Reach Consensus on possible options - Susan Brown assisting
4. Identifying Residents’ Skill Sets and next steps .
Questions or concerns contact Eric Lowther 403 815 4999